Project Status: Active
Active Developers: corwin
Former Developers: Alphax, m4444x, tazpn, wz, Shon, amorilia
Contributors: throttlekitty, skenizen, Meseira, ...
A graphical program that allows you to open NIF files, view their contents, edit them, and write them back out again. You can use it to quickly make changes to specific properties of a NIF file such as changing the texture, adding translucency, and more. A 3D view of the contents of the NIF file allows you to preview your changes instantly. You can even create texture templates, and import & export OBJ files.
|Requirements||Version||Download Link||Additional Notes|
|NifSkope||1.2.0||Download Nifskope 1.2.0||Latest Stable|
- NifSkope API docs (only useful if you want to develop nifskope)
- Setting the Texture Search Path
- Render Window Camera Controls
- The NifTools XML Format - Used to extend NifSkope to open files from new games, or better understand files from games which it can already open.
- How to compile NifSkope from source
- NifSkope/Change texture
- NifSkope/Export texture template
- Retex Guide at The Elder Scrolls Construction Set Wiki
- NifSkope/Mesh import export
- Custom Shield Mesh at The Elder Scrolls Construction Set Wiki
- Custom Weapons with NifSkope at The Elder Scrolls Construction Set Wiki
- Morrowind/NifSkope Alchemy -Tutorial aimed specifically at Morrowind
- Oblivion/NifSkope Alchemy -Tutorial aimed specifically at Oblivion
- Bioxx's Video Tutorials - includes two NifSkope video tutorials.
- Wz's Tutorials and more
- Trey Leavens' NifSkope Guide