[Issue] certain names don't get caught by name sanitizer

Let us know what you think of our software, how you're using it, and what we can do to make it better. Note that only projects with developers can implement new features.

[Issue] certain names don't get caught by name sanitizer

Postby qwer » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:28 am

I'd prefer to add it on GitHub, but I can't seem to find my password so here it goes instead.

Automatic name sanitizing works for most things, but fails if it includes double colon. Example:

interesting npcs\meshes\quiverwings\greenadevilwings21a.nif
Block [8]: Name Arrow4:0 is used more than once in children nodes
Block [17]: Name ArrowQuiver:0:0 is used more than once in children nodes

verdant - a skyrim grass plugin\meshes\landscape\plants\braken.nif
Block [0]: Name Ivy01:0 is used more than once in children nodes

Neither of these got corrected automatically.

Cheers.

PS. On a totally unrelated note, the password requirements to register on this forum are worse than for my bank. Just sayin'
qwer

Re: [Issue] certain names don't get caught by name sanitizer

Postby jonwd7 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:09 pm

I'm confused because only one of your examples has more than one colon. I don't have time to track down the files for those mods though, so a link to them would have been nice. There is nothing that can specifically be happening because of a double colon. The entire string is always compared. If a collision is found, it appends a colon and a number, and it cycles through numbers until the identifier is unique. The uniqueness might not be guaranteed somehow, but looking at the code I can't see what's wrong so I'll need your example NIFs.
jonwd7
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Return to Feedback & Feature Requests