Git Pulls

A place for to discuss the development of NIF related things in PyFFI, our Python library for reading, modifying, and writing out NIF files.
No Active Developers

Git Pulls

Postby kormgar » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:32 pm

In the midst of coding the bone copying framework for the standalone Seam Mender tool, I noticed that two relevant functions in __init__.py did not appear to be fully functional.

add_bone looked pretty good, except that it did not add the newly added bone to the skeleton root.

get_vertex_weights was set to return an empty list of dictionaries.

Since I had to write the code for Seam Mender anyway, I've created a fork and a pull request with my proposed edits, but this is my first time doing anything with git, so I have no idea if I did it right.
kormgar
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Re: Git Pulls

Postby neomonkeus » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:17 pm

Yeah I got notification about your fork.
The main thing is to always branch from the develop branch. Other than that its a case of make the changes in one succent unit per branch. This helps with the review process. Commit & commit often.

Send the pull request to the niftools repo when your ready. The nice thing is that as long as the pull request remains open it picks up changed to the branch in question.
- Please post bugs and feature requests on the forum.

Latest Blender Nif Plug-in News
Blender Nif Plug-in - Dev Version
Blender Nif Plug-in - Dev - Milestone/Issues

A diffuse map is a piece of paper which tells you where the bomb is so that you can diffuse it.
Please avoid using the .obj format, it usually ends in tears :D.
neomonkeus
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Return to PyFFI NIF Library Development