Which nifskope..

The place to ask for help with NifSkope or report bugs in the program. Post game-specific questions in the modding section below.

Which nifskope..

Postby vurt » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:23 am

I'm currently using Nifskope 2.0.0 pre-alpha 6 (is this the latest alpha?), the new rendering and shading options are nice. However i can't seem to change the background color like in previous versions, is it possible somehow? Black is not optimal for what i do.

Also which nifskope would be prefered for modding Morrowind and Skyrim, any particular version which is more compatible or more reliable?

Thanks.
vurt

Re: Which nifskope..

Postby jonwd7 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:49 am

It works the same as always.. You'll have to elaborate on the "can't seem to change" part. As in setting the background is not doing anything? Are you actually hitting Save in the settings window? Or did you even find where the option is to set it?

Also if you're trying to quickly color match for atlasing, you can also Alt-Click anywhere on the model and this will temporarily set the color of the background. It is only for that window though and doesn't persist, so if you need a specific color it's best to use the Settings window still.

For Skyrim definitely just use the latest... For Morrowind there's always the possibility that I've dropped the ball on support for it somewhere, either nif.xml compatibility or something in the actual program. Just use the latest until you run into issues, and please report said issues as obviously lapse of support for any NIF version is not intended.
jonwd7
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Re: Which nifskope..

Postby vurt » Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:45 pm

Nvm, i found it. I'll try the latest then, thanks :)
vurt

Return to NifSkope Help & Bug Reports