Could anyone make these nif compatible with NifSkope?

A place to discuss game-specific issues and techniques when using our tools to create mods for other games which use the NIF format with other modders.
This is not the place to ask for help from the developers or to report bugs.

Could anyone make these nif compatible with NifSkope?

Postby namedrisk » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:11 am

I am working with a game called Cross Fate and there is a few files that I can't view due to the version of the nif being incompatible with NifSkope.

I was hoping that some one could possible take a look and perhaps provide a way to completely view these

Thank you very much in advance for any kind soul that can do this...

See attachment below (if you need any other files let me know)

https://www.mediafire.com/?68og7gxe71xj32x
namedrisk

Re: Could anyone make these nif compatible with NifSkope?

Postby ttl269 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Try modified nif.xml file here (it is based on nif.xml file which is included in NifSkope Pre-Alpha4 archive). Use it with NifSkope version at least Pre-Alpha 4.
I added support for the files in archive you posted. Thanks to jonwd7 added support for compressed vertex storage types, the nifs finally can be rendered. (I have also tested nif files 20.3.1.1 from game Fantasy Frontier Online.)
However some of nifs from you still can't be opened because they have "shortened" header and NifSkope isn't ready for that case.
ttl269
NifTools Team Member
NifTools Team Member

Postby namedrisk » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:53 am

Thanks I will try that, is there any ETA for the header support?
namedrisk

Postby genzxx » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:30 pm

ttl269 wrote:Try modified nif.xml file here (it is based on nif.xml file which is included in NifSkope Pre-Alpha4 archive). Use it with NifSkope version at least Pre-Alpha 4.
I added support for the files in archive you posted. Thanks to jonwd7 added support for compressed vertex storage types, the nifs finally can be rendered. (I have also tested nif files 20.3.1.1 from game Fantasy Frontier Online.)
However some of nifs from you still can't be opened because they have "shortened" header and NifSkope isn't ready for that case.

Thanks, ttl269! With your help, now I can open many nif files 20.3.1.1.

But I got other problem: how can I export or change version of nif files to older version (20.3.0.9). I want to open it in other program like Noesis, Blender,... (as .nif file with full support skin, bone,..., not .obj)

I'm new in NifSkope, I've google too much, but could not find any answers.
genzxx

Postby genzxx » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:17 pm

Never mind, I've written some new code to NifSkope source, now I can export NIF from 20.3.1.1 to 20.3.0.9.

Link: NifSkope with NIF exporting function

Search genzxx in NifSkope source to view my new functions.
genzxx

Postby Rune_Balot » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:46 pm

genzxx wrote:Never mind, I've written some new code to NifSkope source, now I can export NIF from 20.3.1.1 to 20.3.0.9.

Link: NifSkope with NIF exporting function

Search genzxx in NifSkope source to view my new functions.

That sounds really great!But maybe I have a stupid question.How can I use it in nifskope?I know it sounds silly,but I'm sorry I am really not good at these codes......
Rune_Balot

Postby genzxx » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Rune_Balot wrote:That sounds really great!But maybe I have a stupid question.How can I use it in nifskope?I know it sounds silly,but I'm sorry I am really not good at these codes......

The function I wrote only work for Aura Kingdom, use to export NIF 20.3.1.1 to 20.3.0.9, I'm not sure it will work for other games. But if you know how to code, you can refer it to code the same function, maybe..... :roll:

And to use the new export function, you need to download the source from the link above, then rebuild it to NifSkope. Actually, I cannot build the source, b/c it throw too many warnings, and don't let me build, I'm too lazy to fix that. So, I just run it in debug mode, it will run fine, and you can export NIF models without any problems.

Use QT Creator to build project.
genzxx

Postby Rune_Balot » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:05 pm

genzxx wrote:
Rune_Balot wrote:That sounds really great!But maybe I have a stupid question.How can I use it in nifskope?I know it sounds silly,but I'm sorry I am really not good at these codes......

The function I wrote only work for Aura Kingdom, use to export NIF 20.3.1.1 to 20.3.0.9, I'm not sure it will work for other games. But if you know how to code, you can refer it to code the same function, maybe..... :roll:

And to use the new export function, you need to download the source from the link above, then rebuild it to NifSkope. Actually, I cannot build the source, b/c it throw too many warnings, and don't let me build, I'm too lazy to fix that. So, I just run it in debug mode, it will run fine, and you can export NIF models without any problems.

Use QT Creator to build project.

Oh! wonderful! Now I have successfully opened the 20.3.1.1 nif files.
I also use it for Aura Kingdom.But when I update the game today,I find another question. Some of the nif files like 'b.nif' or 'g.nif' has become 20.3.1.2...
It's really not a good news...
Rune_Balot

Postby genzxx » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:57 pm

Here is HEX convert table for anyone want to convert NIF files 20.3.1.2 to 20.3.1.1, then export them to 20.3.0.9. The NIF files 20.3.1.2 have shorten header, so we only need to convert their header to understandable strings. The table is not completed yet, but it will works on many NIF files.

Convert table for KF files, from 20.3.1.2 to 20.3.0.9.
genzxx

Postby Rune_Balot » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:35 am

genzxx wrote:Here is HEX convert table for anyone want to convert NIF files 20.3.1.2 to 20.3.1.1, then export them to 20.3.0.9. The NIF files 20.3.1.2 have shorten header, so we only need to convert their header to understandable strings. The table is not completed yet, but it will works on many NIF files.

Convert table for KF files, from 20.3.1.2 to 20.3.0.9.

I have tried few 20.3.1.2 nif files to 20.3.1.1 with the file you uploaded.
Most of them are successful!
Thanks for your huge help genzxx!
Rune_Balot

Postby M0re » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 pm

genxx or Rune im not understand method for open nifs 20.3.1.2, im not know how convert to 20.3.1.1 with HEX, plz explain with more details or add me in skype, send me PM, plz, need open this files, thanks. :)
M0re

Return to Modding Other Games