Questions from NifSE development

The place to ask for help if you're trying to program an application that uses Niflib, or to report bugs in Niflib itself.

Re: Questions from NifSE development

Postby Da Mage » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:47 am

Dragoonwraith,

You dont have to include the copy bones in the copy child function if it looking too complicated, as i can do the bone checks, and copy overs, from within the Oblivion scripting anyway. Just would get an array of all the bones required (which is as easy as looking at scene root children that start with Bip01), check those against the ones in the "copy to" nif, and if they arent in there, copy them over with seperate copychild calls.

EDIT: Just make sure to stop the copy if the bones dont exsist, and return a -1 or something for it failing.
Da Mage

Postby amorilia » Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:50 pm

Dragoonwraith & Da Mage: I guess that the CloneNifTree could grow yet another argument, say a missing_node_parent NiNodeRef, which, if not null, has missing NiNodes added as children?
amorilia
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Postby DragoonWraith » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 pm

I feel bad piling more work on you, but I'd personally find that very useful. Because "detecting them prior to cloning" is something that I'm not sure I know how I'd accomplish: I'd need to be able to figure out what was in the branch that I'm copying, before copying it... which, actually, would be a pretty useful ability in-and-of-itself, now that I think about it. But anyway, yes, that would be really helpful.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Postby Da Mage » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:26 pm

I know everyone is properly busy working on the new Nifscripts and playing Skyrim.....but is this last bug ever going to get fixed?
Da Mage

Postby DragoonWraith » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:27 pm

amorilia wrote:Dragoonwraith & Da Mage: I guess that the CloneNifTree could grow yet another argument, say a missing_node_parent NiNodeRef, which, if not null, has missing NiNodes added as children?

Recently received a message from a NifSE user also facing the troubles that Da Mage did, and therefore also needs this fix.

To be perfectly honest, I don't even remember how exactly this fix was to fix the issue, but going through the Niflib commit history, it never happened. Is it possible that it could at this point? Is amorilia still involved in the project?
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Postby neomonkeus » Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Heyo DragoonWraith,
Amorilia has no been around in a very long time. I am sure this was one of the many things to do, that never got done.
Although it would have been nice to have gotten the root repos off him before he left, we ended up forking most to the official github organisation. - https://github.com/niftools
If you can provide the solution then we see that it gets included into Niflib.
- Please post bugs and feature requests on the forum.

Latest Blender Nif Plug-in News
Blender Nif Plug-in - Dev Version
Blender Nif Plug-in - Dev - Milestone/Issues

A diffuse map is a piece of paper which tells you where the bomb is so that you can diffuse it.
Please avoid using the .obj format, it usually ends in tears :D.
neomonkeus
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Postby DragoonWraith » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:43 pm

Fair enough; I'll take a look when I get back home to my own machine. Thanks.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Postby DragoonWraith » Sun Feb 08, 2015 2:55 am

OK, so I updated niflib to allow me to do what I needed to do; turns out amorilia had done quite a bit of the work already, but I don't think the docs were updated. Anyway, my particular use required a little more work, which I've done. How does contributing to niflib work these days?
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Postby neomonkeus » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:43 am

We use github as our hosting. You should have used this as your base, https://github.com/niftools/niflib.
Not really a problem if you used the sf.net version, as I don't think there would be any differences, no contributors up to now.

Ideally, you would have a github acc and could fork from niflib, create your own branch and apply the changes.
If you are cool with doing that, then we can compare the changes and start reviewing.
If you don't want to make an acc, you will need the patch set, so I can do it for you.
- Please post bugs and feature requests on the forum.

Latest Blender Nif Plug-in News
Blender Nif Plug-in - Dev Version
Blender Nif Plug-in - Dev - Milestone/Issues

A diffuse map is a piece of paper which tells you where the bomb is so that you can diffuse it.
Please avoid using the .obj format, it usually ends in tears :D.
neomonkeus
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Postby DragoonWraith » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:19 pm

Pretty sure I have an account, and if I don't I'm sure I should. I'll see if I can dig up the details and do that tonight.
"change the world..."
DragoonWraith
NifTools Developer
NifTools Developer

Previous

Return to Niflib Help & Bug Reports