Gamebyro to NIF converting, NIF version problem (Solved)

A nice place to discuss NifTools and all related subjects
IanBitterss

Gamebyro to NIF converting, NIF version problem (Solved)

Postby IanBitterss » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello all;. I am hear to hopefully solve a problem I encountered.

I have been working on creating my own meshes for Morrowind; but I'm attempting a different approach.

I'm using Wings 3D to create a model and export as a 3DS/ import into Nifskope. I can add UV maps with wings 3D and all the blocks end up in the right spots once imported.

The problem I am encountering from what I can tell is in the header version/type. Everything else appears to be good. Therefore when I load the mesh in the Construction Set I get errors, since it is not a correct NIF.

When I import my obj the header string becomes listed as a "Gamebryo File Format, Version 20.0.0.5" opposed to "NetImmerse File Format, Version 4.0.0.2".

So is there anything I can do to change this? If I can get this resolved then I could skip using Blender and use this method.
Last edited by IanBitterss on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

IanBitterss

Re: Gamebyro to NIF converting?

Postby IanBitterss » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:51 pm

So just an update, I found a workaround to my problem.

If I take an existing NIF and delete all existing blocks and import my content into the bare NIF everything works flawlessly.

Maybe a little more time consuming than blender, but hey it's all about what you comfortable working with.

Return to “General Discussion”